Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Flattery

Eden watched The Testaments again on Sunday.

This is starting to perhaps cause some problems...like learning flattery.

(In the movie...for those unfamiliar....the "bad guy" uses flattery to get Jacob to work for him as artisan.)

After I made Eden lunch today, I placed in front of her. She grabbed my hand and said, "You have the gift." (I could tell by the way she had my hand and the way she said it....that she was quoting The Testaments to give me her compliment aka: flattery).

Although, this has also caused other problems...such as false doctrine.

Eden occasionally holds her hand in the air and tries to baptize her stuffed animals....

We'll just call these "teaching opportunities".

1 comment:

  1. Um, Bethany? You have the funniest girl in the world. Just so you know.

    ReplyDelete